ajmacrae's avatar

ajmacrae

Easy on the eyes.... Acting was good. But I just don't know.... That x factor was just missing for me.
twest92's avatar

twest92

Beautiful. If I could, I would frame every scene and hang it on my wall.
Mr DeMille's avatar

Mr DeMille

Deserves to seen on the big screen. If not, on Blu-Ray. One of the best looking films of all time.
ChrisReynolds's avatar

ChrisReynolds

Looks and sounds astonishingly beautiful, but I found the story unsatisfying and uninteresting. Bill should have spoiler I had no sympathy for him.
retr0baD's avatar

retr0baD

Phenomenal cinematography and beautiful morricone soundtrack. Glad that this movie got the criterion blu-ray treatment.
Dan Bull's avatar

Dan Bull

This film gave me hayfever.
jacktrewin's avatar

jacktrewin

see this in the cinema!
dajmasta94's avatar

dajmasta94

Beautifully shot and the music is great, it's a lot more quaint than his next few films but it showcases a lot of what Malick is known for. He hasn't perfected his style at this point though. I do like this movie but I think it's missing something; the use of multiple narrations from different characters as seen in other Malick films would have elevated the material drastically I feel.
jhhayes's avatar

jhhayes

Just a little while ago, I got about 25-30 minutes into this film, and I was suddenly overcome with an eerie, overwhelming sense of déjà vu. As it turns out, I had already viewed this film and checked it on 01/02/17. This is in no way a negative appraisal of the film or its merits, but needless to say, it obviously didn't leave a huge impression upon me on my first viewing. What does this mean? I haven't a single clue. My memory is actually quite sound, and I've never experienced this with ANY other film. Maybe it just wasn't my cup of tea? I just thought it interesting to share. Cheers, everyone!
Clintmwells's avatar

Clintmwells

Masterpiece. Probably the most beautiful film I have ever seen.
Dieguito's avatar

Dieguito

Astonishing audiovisual experience! If it wasn't enough, also a great story!
akuma587's avatar

akuma587

Definitely worth your while. Simple, yet elegant storytelling. And some masterful camerawork. I was surprised Richard Gere was in this, but he does a phenomenal job.
Rene Narciso's avatar

Rene Narciso

An exceptional movie. As visually stunning and poetic as Malick's later works, but considerably more grounded and less taken with ponderous philosophy.
serranouaille's avatar

serranouaille

Delightful, not a perfect film, but pretty close.
Angmark's avatar

Angmark

Nice film, beautiful cinematography and music. Too bad Netflix version doesn't have the greatest quality.