weirdboy's avatar

weirdboy

This is an amazing documentary. At the same time, I do not wish to add this to my "favorites" as that seems to imply that I have a desire to watch it again at some point in the future.

It is so emotionally draining to watch this film.

Am I glad I saw it?

Do I ever want to see this again?
Tiago Costa's avatar

Tiago Costa

Well, this is one way to spend your entire Saturday.
Shingwauk's avatar

Shingwauk

Too hard to put into words.
buddhalou's avatar

buddhalou

Finally sitting down to start this. Definitely going to have to be in installments due to length and gravity.
One of those experiences I've been dreading as much as looking forward to.
Mhrass's avatar

Mhrass

One of the greatest documentaries ever made!
fineapplewine's avatar

fineapplewine

Indescribably brilliant.
deadendjob's avatar

deadendjob

Best. Documentary. EVER.
jmars's avatar

jmars

Meditative, powerful and simple. This subverts the traditional Holocaust dramatizations involving skeletal prisoners, mounds of corpses and shouting Nazis in favor of simply sitting with witnesses, perpetrators, and survivors and listening to their stories. The Holocaust is such a monumental horror in the history of humanity that it has always felt out of the reach of my imagination, as though no amount of reenactment and dramatization could fully convey its horror. I was always outside looking in on it. But this film put me inside. It allowed me to spend 9 1/2 hours listening to the people who experienced it, moving through the locations where it happened, and simply being silent and present to their stories. There may be no more powerful way to experience someone else's reality than this.
11 months 1 week ago
AfterTheParade's avatar

AfterTheParade

Quite possible, that this is the most important film ever made.
melanicasado88's avatar

melanicasado88

The email will contain a link to your personal account where you can view and download your custom paper. Sign in Masterpapers to your personal account to check the status of your order and see whether the writer has already been assigned.
3 days 16 hours ago
thestuman101694's avatar

thestuman101694

A seminal documentary that not only explores the horrors of the Holocaust but also the widespread hatred of Semitic peoples. "NukeTheWhales" on this comment forum (mod-edit: this refers to a racist comment, which has been removed) is sadly only one voice among the many misguided individuals who find it easier to fear and spread hatred than to listen and empathize with their fellow human.
nicolaskrizan's avatar

nicolaskrizan

a true must in every book