partysnacks's avatar

partysnacks

I can't wait!!
poderyempresas's avatar

poderyempresas

almost everything in this is bad, but the worst is that cover of wake up. the video of sleeping awake by p.o.d is better than this film.
11 months ago
Camille Deadpan's avatar

Camille Deadpan

This movie is an awesome spoilerstory.
11 months 1 week ago
atomicelmo's avatar

atomicelmo

3/10
11 months 1 week ago
Torgo's avatar

Torgo

A hot mess. In theory, I welcome a more adventurous approach for a late sequel and mega-blockbuster. The remaining Wachowski tried something else here. Did we need this contrived meta drivel with cheap déjà-vus and a pointless main mission? Hard nope.
And what in the hell was that music for the closing scene? (Don't let me even start with the short post-cred!) You may suspect the producers of Resurrections actually hated the original Matrix film ..
11 months 1 week ago
Concepterie's avatar

Concepterie

Entertaining but utterly pointless.
11 months 1 week ago
Earring72's avatar

Earring72

Bad boring unnecessary sequel. It's fun to see Neo and Trinity again but this movie is just full of mumbo jumbo and lacking in tension. It just goes on and on and on.
2 months ago
PrinceJax's avatar

PrinceJax

...this is one of those movies you can't look away from, wish you'd never seen and makes you wonder if the world truly did end in 2012 and we're living in some alternate reality. I know there will be YouTube videos and podcasts analyzing how tongue in cheek the whole thing is and how it's meta this and deconstructed that and...nope, still absolutely awful from start to whatever the hell happened by the end.
9 months ago
meltemsultan's avatar

meltemsultan

It had no right being as bad as it was.
11 months ago
boulderman's avatar

boulderman

Very good, first two acts far better 7/10

I knew about The Matrix Feb 99. Released Sept 99
5 months 2 weeks ago
starnamedstork's avatar

starnamedstork

It's the same old song, but with some new orchestration. And if you get down for it you will taste the piss.
9 months 1 week ago
Adrian B AWESOME's avatar

Adrian B AWESOME

Started really strong and by the end it's hilariously bad. I would recommend a watch, but it's neither completely wonderful must-see nor is it terrible, write-it-off. A conundrum. Better than the sequels.
10 months 3 weeks ago
rdevesa's avatar

rdevesa

Here goes another legacy down the drain
11 months ago
chunkylefunga's avatar

chunkylefunga

I remember seeing the Matrix in the cinema as a young kid and it blew my mind. It revolutionise special effects and it was backed it a solid storyline. And that sadly is something that Resurrection does not have. Hell, half of the movie seems to just be footage from the first three movies, one quarter is millennial characters moaning about millennial issues, and one quarter seems to be new, albeit pointless, content.

I can see why Hugo, after reading the script, turned down the chance to reprise his Agent Smith role. I would have done the same if I’d have read the script too. And casting Neil Patrick Harris as a villain? He was so miscast that he was comically bad; I genuinely felt embarrassed for him and his performance. Keanu too, sadly, put it a terrible performance, arguable the worst of his career, and Carrie-Anne Moss was clearly just walking in her performance. Jessica Henwick seemed to be about the only one who could be bothered to act in this movie but sadly her storyline was just as dull as the rest of the movie.

Morpheus once said that unfortunately no-one can be told what the Matrix is, you have to see it for yourself. Well I’m telling you now that you do not need to see the movie to know that it’s bad. Sometimes you should just leave sleeping dogs lie.
11 months ago
Torgo's avatar

Torgo

It boggles my mind that churning out an unneeded, unasked for ~170-million-dollar late sequel which can't stand on its own for a single minute is considered "clever" by some viewers these days. As long as it tells their audience bluntly enough, no: SCREAMS INTO THEIR FACES how superfluous it is. So self-aware, hehehhe. Meta! Satire!
Next time maybe write a blog about that, Lana?
11 months ago