sybje999's avatar

Awesome, but still overrated
justinedelson's avatar

justinedelson

Haters gonna hate...
Joker of Gotham's avatar

Joker of Gotham

I saw it again, an awesome movie
ViniciusOG's avatar

ViniciusOG

the movie is the prestige
No hay banda's avatar

No hay banda

Masterpiece
Veterok's avatar

Veterok

The whole time I was watching this I just kept wondering whether Christian Bale's character(s) was meant to be a moron or if he's just an incredibly bad actor. I like the theme, I really do, but the film was highly annoying and almost difficult to watch. The last 30 minutes were the best.
ramuli's avatar

ramuli

wonderful, fantastic , unpredictable , mystery. . .
bokgil's avatar

bokgil

an underrated gem from Nolan...a personal favorite of mine...
stellaslove's avatar

stellaslove

Any movie that Bowie is in, is good in my book!
porscheguy19's avatar

porscheguy19

Artistically one of the best movies ever made. The acting was great.. and the plot twists totally took you in. Magic, sci-fi, fantasy... awesome movie.

Dueling Edwardian magicians (Wolverine vs. Batman), Nicola Tesla, based on a Christopher Priest novel... Should be awesome, right? I thought it was only okay. If you're paying attention, Nolan basically tells you from the outset how the film will be structured, which means you shouldn't trust anything you see, which means it's all much more predictable than it pretends to be. I won't claim I guess everything, but I at least knew what NOT to trust, so the closing revelations weren't particularly shocking. I did like the focus on stage craft and magical tradition, but the sci-fi element that probably worked in Priest's book, doesn't in the context of the film. It feels out of place. So while I can see why someone would watch it twice, the second with solutions in hand, I'm not sure a third viewing would be warranted. It's a little too obvious for that.
vivienblue_06's avatar

vivienblue_06

Can I just say that this film is a mind f#$%, in a good way of course.
devilsadvocado's avatar

devilsadvocado

I was not unsatisfied or disappointed with the reveal at the end at all. It was the bit of hocus pocus before the end that took away from my experience watching this film. For that reason, an 8.5/10 instead of a 9.
Hamish72's avatar

Hamish72

Nobody!, likes magic tricks!.
danisanna's avatar

danisanna

It's one of Christian Bale's better movies ... he's always a hit or a miss but since Hugh Jackman was in it, I took the plunge. It's good. Not amazing, but good nonetheless. Original, too, and it keeps you guessing.
I haven't read the book it was based on but the movie on its own was fun to watch.