StanleyKubrick's avatar

StanleyKubrick

Kinda 'Tetsuo: The Iron Man' + Cronengbergs 'Crash' + Hank Hill vibes
Loved it
8 months 1 week ago
Worzel's avatar

Worzel

The true inheritance of Cronenbergian body horror. Really quite splutteringly surprising at times.
7 months 1 week ago
Carota's avatar

Carota

spoiler
8 months 2 weeks ago
Torgo's avatar

Torgo

Well, this was one of the more disturbing Palme d'Or winners ..
5 months 3 weeks ago
BarryMojo's avatar

BarryMojo

Insane, visceral, beautiful, painful. I'll never look at my car the same again.
8 months 2 weeks ago
starnamedstork's avatar

starnamedstork

spoiler And then things get weird.
1 month ago
MMDan's avatar

MMDan

Absolutely beautiful!
4 months ago
ucuruju's avatar

ucuruju

I liked it a lot. This observation is not about the quality of the film (which is great)... but was this sorta transphobic? What is it saying about the human body? Bear with me here.

She is attracted to a male-centric environment (yeah, women love cars too, but you know what I mean)-- a space where she can only enter by putting on her lipstick and playing up her femininity-- her parents don't accept her or even understand and it literally scars her-- so she acts out (kills people, lol) and escapes her environment-- finding a surrogate parent who accepts her for who she is-- a gender-fluid quasi trans-man-- but her body won't let her forget what she "really" is and forces her to look at herself in the mirror and leave the pretense behind... thus abandoning the Adrian persona... and returning to Alexia.

The movie seems batshit crazy at first, but it has a lot to say and has fun saying it. I'm just a bit worried that behind a lot of the weirdness there's a bit of a problematicâ„¢ message. I still liked it a lot. Lots to think about.
5 months 2 weeks ago
csarica's avatar

csarica

This is not art. This is stupidity. I don't understand what is wrong with the Cannes Jury. Don't become friends with the guys, who love this movie.
7 months 3 weeks ago