Gyana Canaan's avatar

Gyana Canaan

Oh Kubrick, what a nice way to finish.
LMTR14's avatar

LMTR14

Fuck.
Dieguito's avatar

Dieguito

I've always considered this one of Kubrick's bests.. That crazy party worths for the whole movie!! It's unforgettable! And the acting of Cruise and Kidman is superb! Great cinematography too!
rjcman's avatar

rjcman

A gem that most of the people regard with disdain. It is a shame.
ecnered's avatar

ecnered

A great finale by Stanley Kubrick!
Alex Rogue's avatar

Alex Rogue

The scene when Alice tells Bill about the desire she felt for the man at the hotel must be one of my favourite moments in cinema, what a spectacular show of long forgotten and hidden emotions. One of my favourites of Kubrick.
GrooveRemote's avatar

GrooveRemote

While the movie itself is very interesting (and might benefit from a little editing; it feels its length), I want to bring up a couple of things I read in a MentalFloss article about it.

First, Tom Cruise said he didn't like playing Bill Harford. I see where he was coming from. What a self-centered prick of a character. All of the little touches in how he carries himself and how he talks to people form a wholly unlikable character. Honestly, it might be Tom Cruise's best performance (that I've seen. Would Magnolia air on Hollywood Suite already?).

Second, Kubrick sending someone to New York City to record the details of NYC streets for the London-based shoot, including the spacing between "newspaper vending machines." As much as I love goofing on this sort of inane creative egomania, perhaps, in this case, the end product is a testament to its importance. Those sorts of minute details obviously don't make a difference in the film, but perhaps they did make a difference for Kubrick. If it helped him make a better film, who am I to judge?
Vetle Haeg Nymoen's avatar

Vetle Haeg Nymoen

Not my favorite Kubrick film, but it's still very good! The music, light and contrasts are as always amazing. Also very thrilling at the end.
A great finale for him!
Gyana Canaan's avatar

Gyana Canaan

Alice was so horny all the time.
TANGd878's avatar

TANGd878

Love the film. And for some strange reason, I always consider it a great "Christmas" movie. The lighting, the sets, the tone.... The film has a lot of glow... Superb
4 months 1 week ago
AnneT's avatar

AnneT

absolutely incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Arrows's avatar

Arrows

fuck.
MathiasLaustrup's avatar

MathiasLaustrup

Amazing images and atmospheres all over! I can't wait to get into the world of Kubrick.
Brantastic16's avatar

Brantastic16

I honestly would rank it in my top 5 Kubrick films, and seeing as he's my all-time favorite director, that's saying a lot.
Publius's avatar