A Killer Named Vincent's avatar

A Killer Named Vincent

So boring! I could not wait to get out of the theater.
junegoon's avatar

junegoon

Captivating flick
Jevet D. Lopez's avatar

Jevet D. Lopez

This Nolan Batman makes the hero atmosphere more obscure, but at the same time tries to respect the comic guide.

In my opinion Christian Bale as Batman is sweet, same with Heath Ledger (RIP) as an Oscar Joker.

Key words: Clown gang thiefs, Joker, Two ferrys, Harvey Dent as Two Face, Hospital, movie #2.

The Dark Knight as morality play: http://siskoid.blogspot.ca/2008/07/dark-knight-morality-play.html
zombierobo's avatar

zombierobo

I like this movie very much. But I still feel that this is one of the most overrated movies of the decade. And people are calling this as best superhero movie of the year when the only highpoint of the movie is that one actor who died after doing a really good job in the film and he is not even the hero or maybe he is.

I do agree that this is a very good crime/drama film and a fine one in that class but this isnt a superhero movie IMO just because it has batman in it. The plot was very simple with a lot of philosophical undertones which engulfed itself with its own sense of misplaced self-righteousness (and no I am not saying these to claim myself to be an intellectual, these are merely my opinions put in the terms of the movie's quotes and I am a very simple minded man and you can rip on me for that).

I do respect other's opinion but just dont care about people jumping on to defend the movie with empty arguments like 'this is an intellectual piece of art and cant be understood by simpletons'. I say to those people, 'Good for you for being one of the intellectuals on the planet and I am glad that there is a filmmaker who can quench your thirst for critical thinking'.

I just wanted a superhero movie, that's all.
Frollo's avatar

Frollo

I don't care about superheroes at all, so I avoided this movie as long as I could. But since I'm planning to check the entire Top 250, I eventually had to watch it.

As I expected, it's a rather bland story about a bunch of forgettable characters in funny costumes chasing each other. Nevertheless, the first hour was fairly entertaining, with some exciting action sequences and nice Hong Kong scenery. During the next hour, it started to drag more and more, and now, with only 40 minutes to go, I'm really tempted to call it quits and just put that little check mark in the upper right corner of this page, as I did with Inception.
EltonG's avatar

EltonG

Why I never watched this earlier than a few weeks ago ... I will never know. It was incredible, much like Heath Ledger's performance.
Cinnamon Eve's avatar

Cinnamon Eve

awesome film. horrible batman.
HaleyWasHere's avatar

HaleyWasHere

Great movie! Definitely one of my favorite
Sviggolo's avatar

Sviggolo

In my opinion, "The Dark Night" is the most boring and overrated Batman movie in decades. Ledger's joker isn't that good. He isn't scary nor funny. At least you could laugh at Nicholson's Joker in "Batman". Nolan doesn't care much at all about his characters, the story is a big mess and why is it never ending? There is no humor. Come on! It's a Batman movie! Why so serious?
Dieguito's avatar

Dieguito

Ps: no way this is a DRAMA!! Sorry Imdb!
troggie7mtdew's avatar

troggie7mtdew

This is a very good movie. Love the chase in the middle of it.
sadmoocow's avatar

sadmoocow

It will be hard for the 3rd one to top this one. I'm sure even if the 3rd one is decent, people will find some way to be disappointed and complain about it : /
Earring72's avatar

Earring72

The best of the Trilogy!!!! Great action and drama but overlong!
jerichoholic's avatar